So here is the basic recipe:
16 or 32 oz. spray bottle
2 tbsp. 100 proof vodka or rubbing alcohol
Your choice of two oils, such as jasmine, bergamot, lavender, etc.
- Mix the 2 tbsp. of alcohol and your choice of these oils in the bottle as follows:
- 1 teaspoon jasmine oil and ½ teaspoon bergamot oil
- 1 teaspoon lavender oil and ½ teaspoon sandalwood oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla oil and 2 drops ginger oil
- Then, add distilled water to the bottle until it is almost full.
- Screw on the cap and shake the bottle to disperse the oils evenly throughout.
- Shake lightly before each use.
You can use pretty much whatever essential oils you like. Lemon can also be used but for this I would recommend using lemon oil rather than juice. Lemon juice, when heated, tends to burn or turn brown. This can ruin fabrics. This can also be used in place of Febreeze or other fabric freshening sprays.
To make this a starch spray add 1 tspn for every 16 oz of water and use in a spray bottle. The liquid will be milky in color. Be sure to shake it up before each use as the corn starch may settle. If the spray makes your clothing too stiff try dumping a little out and add more water. If you'd like the fabric to be more stiff, simply add more starch to the water.